Thursday, May 7, 2009

Too soon to worry...yet I persist

I woke up this morning with an irrational fear/worry/concern about the baby. I didn't think that I could have irrational fears yet because Misty isn't due until December but I am an overly concerned parent already. My fear/worry/concern is: "What is the kid's hair going to look like?" I know that is sounds absurd but hear me out. I have curly hair...Misty has curly hair...what if the baby has EXTREMELY curly hair?! He/She will look like a Brillo Pad was stuck to her/his head. I just can't imagine that my daughter/son will look good as a white kid with a jheri curl.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Thats not a fear, you want a kid with hair like that, its the best! Do you remember Addie? She looked like the the little orphan Annie! And it was so cute! I miss it so much! It just gives them character! I pray this one has an afro, plus it makes for easy hair styling!:) Dont stress, pray for it!:)!!

Amy said...

Well, at least you aren't wasting your valuable worrying energy on something stupid, I mean this is a real valid concern!

Everybody looks at the two of you and expects your child to be beautiful in every possible way, so if it comes out looking....less than beautiful...well...we're gonna judge you. :)

In real life, I have no doubt that your child will have FREAKIN' awesome hair.

Chelsea Nelson said...

Ryan Rhodes!! I love you! Thank you for the little comment on my blog. Blogs are funny and fun and it seems I keep in touch with most people through them.

You've always been one of my favorites! Let's keep in touch. Via blog or whatever else...

And congrats on the baby news!!! WOOHOO!

The Bradys said...

I'm so excited for you two! Having a child is the best thing in the world! Haha, when I read the title of your post, I thought it was going to be something a little different than what you said. Oh, the joys of parenthood, you do tend to worry about every little thing. While I was pregnant with Mya, Chris and I worried about everything. Just wait until the day he/she arrives, there will be tears in your eyes, and joy in your heart. It'll be the best day you've ever had. Just knowing that the little one you're holding in your arms just left the presence of Heavenly Father, and they still have that Heavenly glow in their eyes. It's AWESOME! Congratulations!