Saturday, March 24, 2012

Random …

 

   

This post is really about…well… EVERYTHING!

I have been such a slacker at posting! That is nothing new though, right! So here are just a few things that I want to remember about our little family.

First off… now that Dylan is headed in soon for his 4 month checkup, I figured I would post his 2 month stats.

Weight: 10 lb. 7 oz. (25th percentile)

Length: 22 ¾ in. (50th percentile)

The Dr. stated that he acts like a four month old baby. How? Well, when the Dr. would be talking to me, Dylan would make a noise until I would pay attention to him. He also had his hands already fully open. Another thing, he was incredibly strong for his age. In fact, when Dylan was still in the hospital the pediatrician commented how strong he was. He was already pulling himself up when the Dr. was holding his little hands.

Other milestones:

Dylan did a half roll the day we brought him home from the hospital

He did his first roll at two months, although he probably would have sooner if I would have given him the opportunity.

His first tooth broke through at two months. It has since gone back inside his gums- but he had it for about a month.

Dylan is overall a very good baby. He is content at just hanging out and extremely mellow. I am surprised at how aware he is. He loves to play, read books, but most especially, he loves watching his big brother. He can't take his eyes off of him.

He is not a great sleeper however, not terrible-but not great. This came as a surprise since Cayson loved (and still loves) his sleep.

     

Cayson is growing right up as well, and has turned into quite the little clown. I'm hoping he has his Dad's sense of humor

Here are some things he has said that I want to remember:

I mentioned previously that Cayson took to Dylan from the start. Well that quickly changed. One night Ryan was helping him say family prayers. Here is the dialogue of what happened:

Ryan: Cayson say "Thank you for Dylan"

Cayson: "Nope"

Ryan: "Thank you for Dad"

Cayson: "Thank you for Dad"

Ryan: "Thank you for Mom"

Cayson: 'Thank you for Mom"

Ryan: "Thank you for Cayson"

Cayson: "Thank you for Cayson"

Ryan: "Thank you for Dylan"

Cayson: "Nope"

Apparently Cayson wasn't thankful for Dylan that day! He has since come to really love Dylan. He is such a wonderful and helpful big brother!

     

Most of you know that Cayson has this revolting dog (stuffed animal) that for some reason he absolutely adores! Well the other day I see him pick up the dog, give it a tight squeeze and say "Awe, sweetheart." On another occasion he laid his dog down and say's "night, night. Sleep good. Cayson loves you."

It cracks me up how closely kids watch us and then mimic us. Sometimes it's a good thing and sometimes it's a bad thing. No matter what it is though, I always have to stop and take a good look inside, because I know that it is most likely a reflection of me. What a humbling thought!

The past month has seemed to be a new milestone for Cayson. Ever since 19 months, what I would consider to be the terrible two's, had kicked in. I can't help but think that the addition of another child had something to do with it. This past month, however, he has been a complete angel! He has really taken to his new little brother and the three of us have been having so much fun! Here are a few of the things we have done to fill our time while Daddy is at work:

Cayson has a thing with lining up all of his toys.

Looking at those toys… isn't he all boy?!?

This scenario is all too familiar. Cayson wants to play with Dylan- but is perhaps a little too rough. Poor Dylan.

Cayson loves to ride his bike! He is FAR too old to ride in a stroller! He now has his "own ride" when we go on our walks.

    We spent Valentine's Day hanging out with the cousins. They had a blast!     

   

Tow Mater one of Cayson's favorite shows… too bad he didn't care much for THIS Tow Mater… it took FoReVeR to build!

Playing outside- always a favorite!

Brielle and Taylee came over for a play date! They had so much fun!

A walk on planets- Clark Planetarium.

Playing on the swing set.

We have way too much fun! We just wish Daddy didn't have to work so he could join us in all our fun adventures!

     

Ryan:

As if working a full-time job at GE, a part-time job at KSL, and being a Dad and husband were not enough, Ryan has now started working on his MBA at Western Governor's University. He works so hard for us! He is such an amazing man! We are excited for him to finish up and see where that takes us

Misty:

I finally finished my schooling! I officially graduate in May, but I finished my last test last month. It is such a good feeling! I would love to go on to get my Master's Degree, but that is going to have to wait, at least until Ryan graduates. For now, I would like to get a part-time job or a job from home. Until then I'm keeping myself busy with our two wild boys.

     

    

No comments: