Thursday, July 19, 2012

Our summer… so far!

There really isn't much to tell… so let's just move on to the pictures!

   

We haven't done a ton this summer (at least that I have remembered to take pictures of), but we did make it up to Ensign Peak.

Remember how I talk about how Cayson NEVER stops… He hiked 99% of Ensign Peak all by himself. The 1% he didn't hike was just so he and Ryan could catch up with us. He was proud of himself, and I admit I was pretty proud of him too!

He loved climbing these big old stairs!

Our disheveled family picture.

Dylan and Cayson are complete opposites in every sense of the word. Cayson never would have wanted to face backwards because he had to see everything; Dylan just wanted to snuggle up. He even fell asleep! Such a sweetheart!

Cayson loved all the trains he was able to see from way up high.

 

 

In June we ran the Nestle' 5k. I had gotten tendonitis about a month or two prior, so we thought we weren't going to be able to run this year. But I was determined, and I'm glad we did! It was a blast, as always!

Remember how I won a bike last year? Well, I won yet again! This year it was a water jug and gift card to Molly's- a restaurant in Provo. Ryan and Randy on the other hand have been running this thing for years and have yet to win one solitary thing! I guess I'm just the lucky one!

What studs!

All the snacks they pass out…

I would submit the best part, along with all of the prizes of course!  

Me, Heather, and Aunt Nelly! Can you believe that Nelly is in her 60's and is still winning awards for how fast she runs?!? She kicked my butt! I'm so proud of her!

Our sweet boys! Now that is the way to run a race!

It's hard to tell, but thousands show up for this race, thousands! I can see why, it's such a fantastic family tradition!  

4th of July

Yet another fantastic day! What day isn't when daddy gets to be home, right?!? We started the day off with the West Jordan parade. It was so hot, but so worth it. Cayson loved running in the street and getting candy… what kid doesn't!

   

How blessed I feel to live in our free country and how grateful I am for our forefathers that paved the way for us!

THANK YOU!

   

Afterwards, we stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Rhodes for some delicious grub. Grandma filled up the pool, but unfortunately we didn't have a swimsuit… so Cayson got to swim in his birthday suit!

Last week we were able to visit one of my favorite childhood places, East Canyon. Every year Grandma and Grandpa Jensen spend a week up there and we get to join in on the fun. Unfortunately, due to work we are only able to go up for the evening, but it is still a blast!

Cayson and Ryan had fun in the pool. Cayson is getting more and more brave all the time!

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa J!

   

Other items:

Dylan turned 6 months… well about 2 months ago. Here are his stats:

14.14 lbs. and 26.8 inches. He is in the bottom 7-8% in weight. That sorta freaked me out so I am trying to feed him a lot more, hopefully it pays off at his 9 month checkup.

Funny phrases from Cayson:

The other day I brought home a watermelon. He looked at it and said: "Oh mom, you are the best ever!"

We were eating at a restauarant and Cayson leans out of the booth into the dining room area and said, "Hey everybody, look at me!" He is such a clown in big groups. He takes after his daddy. I have already told Ryan that he will be the one going to the principal's office!

   

   

  

No comments: