Friday, July 13, 2012

St George

Our summer vacation was spent in St. George. It came sort of unexpectedly. Ryan got a call for an interview at the Biggest Loser Resort. So we jumped in the car spent all week packing, and off we went. For any of you that wonder if a two year old and a baby are good road trip buddies, the answer is no. We packed treats, movies, toys, etc., but those poor little boys hated pretty much every minute of it.

Upon our arrival Ryan jumped in his suit and took off for his interview. We were both pretty excited for the interview. If he got a job working for Biggest Loser Resort it would be a dream come true. (In my mind I envisioned a great benefit package which included weekly spa treatment or perhaps even an occasional workout with Bob Harper himself.)

Once we got the interview out of the way, we spent the remainder of our vacation swimming, eating, shopping, and hanging out in the hotel. Our luck had it that St. George was actually cold that weekend so being outdoors was pretty much out of the question.

Our original plan was to spend the remainder of the vacation at Robyn's house, but our boys love their beds. They were miserable and kept waking up all throughout the night. So we were sad, but we had to cut the trip short and head home.

Hanging out in the hotel…

Dylan's first swim!

For those of you that have ever eaten at a restaurant with Cayson, you know he LOVES FOOD… how could he not, he is my son!

He easily out eats Ryan and I every time!

On one of my trips to grab food I brought back a plate with three pieces of cake (I'm a pig). When I sat down he looked at the plate and with eyes the size of quarters says "Wow, what's that." This was after he had already eaten about 4 plates of food.

That's my boy

Jackets in Sunny St. George… in the Spring?

It really was that cold. Glad I thought to bring them.

   

PS- For those of you that are wondering whether Ryan got the job. He did… well they at least offered it to him. After a great deal of negotiating back and forth with Biggest Loser, and debating it between us, we decided it would not be the best thing for our family right now. Who knew that living in sunny St. George with beautiful weather all year long and working for a spa resort, Biggest Loser nonetheless, would not be in our best interest? We know, however, that we made the best decision for us at the time, and who knows what the future holds for us.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I was so super sad too. I can't believe they are so big! I miss you guys.