Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tis the Season...

CHRISTMAS…It's the most wonderful time of the year.

That is what they always say, and I couldn't agree more!

I love the Christmas season. I love the lights, cheerful faces, presents, the feeling in the air, and most of all BLACK FRIDAY.

With Dylan's due date a month prior to Christmas and two days prior to Black Friday, I thought Christmas was mostly going to be a non-event for us this year. It actually turned out to be an amazing season and wonderful day.

Our first festivity was the Kurt Bestor Christmas concert.

Ryan worked Mr. Bestor's concerts for KSL and in turn was able to score us some tickets.

This was exactly what we needed to get us in the Christmas spirit.

I have a secret love for Jane Seymour and Dr. Quinn. Kind of nerdy, but I can't deny it. When Jane was going to be performing with the Mormon Tabernacle choir for their Christmas concert I knew I had to get tickets. Unfortunately an event like this is a lottery. You put in your name and hope you get picked. Well, I didn't. I was devastated. I watched KSL for a chance to snag some tickets, but I wasn't willing to pay the hundreds of dollars people were asking for to go to a FREE concert. I didn't give up hope though. Well Thursday morning, the day of the concert, I got a text from my dear friend Heather telling me she had tickets and asked if I wanted to go. It was a Christmas miracle! The concert turned out to be wonderful and an item was crossed off of my bucket list, to be able to semi-meet Jane Seymour. (I already admitted it's nerdy!)

Our season also contained the tiniest bit of snow… in which Cayson was prepared to take full advantage of.

Too bad he hates the cold like his mother and came in a few minutes later.

We made Santa hats…

Had a family Christmas party with the Reilleys where we made gingerbread houses

Opened lots and lots of presents…

Hung out with the grandparents…

Opened even more presents…

 Played the Rhodes annual ping-pong tournament…

Bingo…

Won some amazing white elephant presents…

Lost all of our money to Robyn…

Opened even more presents…

Wore new pajamas…

Opened stockings…

 Enjoyed the company of family…

Were spoiled rotten…

Set up Cayson's new train… that quickly became Ryan's new train…

(He had always wanted a real train of his very own)

Hung out with our dear Granny, Nelly, and Grandma…

 

Story behind this one… we were at the hospital and were asking the nurses what to name Dylan… they said one of the names that came through was the one below… I will let you figure it out!

The Rhodes were generous enough to get me a present from that person…

 

Even Dylan was spoiled…

What a great year! We celebrated… made our turkey dinner… stayed home… opened presents at five pm… and were just lazy.

Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments: