Sunday, December 30, 2012

Have Yourself a Merry little Christmas!

It's already been established that I love Christmas! A lot! This year has been extremely busy for the Rhodes family! Somehow though, we managed to slow down the week before and enjoy spending time as a family!

Here are some of the fun festivities we participated in during the season.

First- I met Jane Seymour! I have loved her for years and always dreamt of that day. Turns out miracles do still happen! My dearest friend Heather humored me and stood in the long line on her birthday!

The kids met Santa and Cayson asked him for a tractor and a dinosaur.

Dylan was not amused!

The Rhodes family party was a success as always. This year apparently was the ugly sweater year. I'm certain Travis' sweater suits him the best, don't you think?

Ryan playing minute to win it. I love his face! He was focused!

Cayson wanted to win just so he could eat the marshmallows!

Those bolts are supposed to go on top of each other. Tougher than it looks!

Money game. Ryan and I DIDN'T win, yet again.

The Burraston Christmas party was at Clark Planetarium. This was the only picture I snapped.

Cayson has apparently learned that being sneaky pays off. At one Christmas party he walked over with doughnut crumbs all over his face. We asked him if he ate a doughnut and he said, "yes." Come to find out he was going from plate to plate and eating everybody's leftovers. When we were driving home we told him he shouldn't do that, to which he replied. "I was sneaky. I was so so sneaky."

This was another party in which he was "sneaky" He went and laid on the couch and put a cookie under him. When he assumed nobody was looking he would take a bite.

Christmas Adam and Eve we spent visiting folks. I love this picture, even if the boys refuse to look at the camera. We love Grandma "B"!

Grandpa is in an assisted living home now. Sorta breaks my heart. He hates it there and cried when we left. He is just getting too old to be at home.

When we got home the kids opened their Christmas Eve jamas.

Then off to bed for Santa to come. Turns out the kids were on the nice list, because we woke up to a house full of presents.

Grandma Meleta joined us for the day! We loved having her over! She made this awesome puzzle! Super talented!

Oh my goodness, is that the tractor he asked Santa for?

Yes, yes it is.

The Rhodes joined up with us for a delicious turkey dinner. Ryan prepared most of it, and boy was it scrumptious!

Ryan's Christmas

Cayson's Christmas

Dylan's Christmas

Our attempt at a family picture by the tree

Our sweet Dylan

The day after Christmas we stopped by my mom's and gave them their Christmas surprises. My mom got a new charm bracelet with the grandkid's names on it. I believe it was a success!

Another Christmas treat. Our dear friends Casey and Chanthoeun came to stay with us.

They are expecting their first little one. So exciting!

Our friends brought us over awesome pajamas! Doesn't Ryan look hot?!?

Enjoying his new toys!

 

A few other Christmas festivities I failed to photograph:

Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert: Phenomenal!

Kurt Bestor Christmas Concert: Phenomenal as well!

No comments: